And sweep every hard floor,
As I’ve mentioned before, my mom reads us a few chapters from a book everyday. Most recently she’s been reading “Trixie Belden and the Mystery at Happy Valley.” Jeepers! It was golly-gee good! It was just swell! All of the characters were neato and as for the plot-no soap!
If you have any idea what I’m saying, you either:
A. Have the “Leave it to Beaver” DVD collection
B. Have read Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys or something like this…or…
C. Are really, really old
Other than that, I’ve been cleaning up the two old doll houses that Granny gave us and enjoying this nice weather we’ve been having. When I woke up this morning, the Internet wasn’t working and the microwave was dead. My first thought was to blog about it, but I found it difficult to blog without using the Internet. Jubilee’s first thought was that if our appliances go dead she can play with them. Yippee! Well, obviously the Internet came back to life but we are still heating up left-overs on the stove. We just had to buy a great big ancient monitor to use for our laptop because the screen went out. It’s usually the dryer!
Well, I am craving one of those Honey crisp apples we bought and the sunshine has a way of luring me out of anything else I should be doing but sitting/playing outside. Tootles,
Thanks everyone for their votes. Last night I entered “When the creek runs dry” in the contest but I’m not getting my hopes up. In 6 months I can enter another so if you have unspoken feed-back, go ahead and hand it over.
I sit here at the computer,
Listening the The Righteous Brothers (good old stuff), typing on that book for Birdie and watching the first leaves fall. Soon all the trees will be bare. Anyway, for further notice-The Righteous Brothers and falling leaves is a good combo. ;)
Funny things # 10:
Today at lunch all of the kids began to discuss Halloween costumes. Willin wanted to be a cat but we all shouted suggestions like “Knight! and “Soldier!” to try to encourage something more manly. Sam thought of “a piece of meat” and Willin said that he would eat him. Then Willin, afraid that someone might eat a cat and remembering something he had been told about poisonous plants said “I’ll be a mushroom so that nobody can eat me!”
We all laughed but his idea was ruined when Jubilee said: “I’ll just stomp on you then.”
Here is the start of 100 Funny Things:
1. Jubilee talking about how “Your bran will be squashy” if you watch too much TV
2. The faces of four children trying olives for the first time
3. Jube giving advice on what to do if you have “clams” (cramps) ” I have clams too! Drink some chocolate milk and your clams will be all better!”
4. (Yet another Jubilee one) “Pledge allegiance to da flag and one dog under Jesus and liberty for all!”
5. Willin : “Why are all animals mommies?” I don’t know where this came from…
6. Sammy’s own versions of High School Musical songs
7. Lucy and I sharing the head phones and listening to Coldplay on Itunes and Styx blasting on the CD player…pathetic, Sabrina…pathetic
8. Canoeing in our creek
9. Willin and Jubilee harmonizing beatles songs